Wednesday, December 14, 2011

through many tribulations

I began reading Desiring God (by John Piper) this morning. I have only read through half of the preface and already I am encouraged.

"Through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God." -Acts 14:22

"Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted." -2 Timothy 3:12

Paul said that he was "sorrowful, yet always rejoicing." (2 Corinthians 6:10)

"The older I get, the more persuaded I am that Nehemiah 8:10 is crucial for living and dying well: 'The joy of the Lord is your strength'." -John Piper

Through the trials... I raise my hands and say hallelujah.
During dark and lonely nights... I raise my hands and say hallelujah.
When I'm at the absolute end of my rope... I raise my hands and say hallelujah.
Every time I lose patience... I raise my hands and say hallelujah.
Fallen to my knees... I raise my hands and say hallelujah.
Releasing all... I raise my hands and say hallelujah.
My only hope is You... I raise my hands and say hallelujah.

Hallelujah.

No comments:

Post a Comment