Tuesday, January 24, 2012

this chapter

Yesterday I filled out a self-evaluation for work. I really don't like those things, but I suppose it's good to ask questions and ponder answers.

In one of the sections I was required to "name 3 things you would like to see happen in your life or in your ministry over the next few years". I filled out the first two blanks, but for some reason I could not decide on a third. I was thinking things like "I would love to go sky diving" and "I want to see a hundred African kids well-fed and laughing and dancing" and "I want to travel the world and write stories about the people I meet" and "I want to act in a movie" and "it'd be really cool to learn how to fly"...

There are so many wonderful things I want to see and experience in this life. I move forward, I wait, I'm stubborn and lazy, then I move forward again. Impatience and discouragement come, followed by inspiration and motivation. This is life. It's broken, it's beautiful.

I am happy to say that in this chapter of my life, I get to spend my time with wonderful people, live and work at a wonderful place, and bask in the knowledge that I will forever find delight in a wonderful Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment